Monday, February 15, 2016

“Justice”

I’m sure that there are so many cases that I couldn’t even begin to find them all, let alone list them all, but I will here give a few cases that show how the “justice” system works here in my little town.

When my mom was first arrested, she was suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder (multiple personalities) and she made the mistake that she served 5 years in prison for while mentally ill.  Due to threats from her attorney at the time, she pled guilty to trumped up charges because she was promised that the result of that would be better for her than taking it to trial.  Guess it totally depends whose courtroom you are in, and whether it’s your attorney’s turn to win, because consider the other cases that were contemporary to hers:

-A man beat his 2 year old son TO DEATH and got 15 months in jail
-A man had oral sex multiple times with a 12-13 year old girl and got less than a year in the county jail
-A man raped a 13 year old girl approximately 10 times (by hospital verification) and got one year in the county jail, and even got work release
-My mom, in a mentally ill state, committed a misdemeanor of sexual abuse of a minor, but pled to two felonies on the advice of her shoddy attorney, and served five years in prison? 

Tell me where the justice is in that?  Tell me that there aren’t multiple problems in the fact that the attorney who handled the first three cases used to be partners in a law firm with the judge who sat for those cases.  Tell me that it isn’t about the money, the prestige, the springboard to the legislature, the chance to have your name splashed across the front page as the “hero” attorney or judge or cop who saved the community by putting a mentally ill woman in prison.

Tell me those things.  I will laugh at your naivety.

Wouldn’t hurt anyone to take a look at your own “justice” system and see how just it really is.  Wouldn’t hurt anything except your paradigm, and perhaps now is a good time for a paradigm shift.


More to come…
www.crowdrise.com/igavefirstcanyougive/fundraiser/bauninilson

No comments:

Post a Comment